Powered By Blogger

Monday 28 November 2011

Assignment 4

Assignment 4
Ed 3801
By Henry Piercey
1.      When I signed up for this course I was excited about the learning experience I was about to encounter. I am always searching for new and innovative tool to assist me to become the best instructor I can be. Mission accomplished. I now know many new media which I can incorporate to compliment my teaching.
2.      When learning about new things and ideas we sometimes struggle with the way it works. This was true for this course. I had a horrible time working with developing a web page. Thankfully we had an option to use a blog. Blogs are a piece of cake which relieved my anxiety level. I feel I will use blogs in the future, I like it as a media for learning.
3.      We purchase power point from companies to deliver courses at SERT and I often felt there was something wrong with some slides. This course confirmed my suspicion. I now know what is right and wrong with these slides and with permission I will suggest to change. Also I will look to use some of the new technology in my classroom. This course also complimented what I learned in previously taken courses which are the different learning styles of our students; I will have to keep that in mind while teaching.
4.      I am hoping the SERT Centre will purchase a smart board. There are many uses for this technology in our courses such as pump operator. What takes considerable time to demonstrate or draw can be achieves in seconds with this technology. Also students will interact in real time to enhance what is being taught.

I must take this chance to make a few comments about this course which bugged me. We were taught to make and follow a lesson plan but I am not sure our instructor followed his own advice. I suspect it was done intentionally to prove a point as to how this action is counterproductive. Also one other point about assignment 3A. We were told not to argue our grade because it was final. Well so be it but a reason was listed why we lost points but the instructor was wrong!!! Not looking for marks now, I accept instructor’s wishes but if that is the case the instructor should be certain of why marks were taken away. Do not look good when an instructor makes a mistake while grading. Perhaps another trick to prove a point about things instructors should never do.
Pretty crafty Mr. Tracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment